Welcome, Charlotte & Triad! There's more to come, stay tuned...

Needs to talk to someone knowledgeable in hospital bills

Home Forums Member Forum Needs to talk to someone knowledgeable in hospital bills

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jennifer Losee 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

In December, my husband and I had to rush our daughter to the Emergency Room. We thought she had the flu. Fast forward to now. Even with my insurance, we owe almost 2,000. Two hour visit, some Tylenol, a steroid dose and a flu test……2K. We got a small discount, but the bill is still insanely high. I can’t afford 2,000 all at once. What is a good way to negotiate a payment plan? Do they even do that? I am very stressed about this. We already live paycheck to paycheck and I can’t handle any more stress.

#33854 Reply

Anonymous

Call the billing department and ask them to help you. I know wake med does an income based program and will discount your bill. If you can find a way to borrow the money and pay in full, you can negotiate a lower price.

#33858 Reply

Susan Hart

Also can get advice from needymeds.org on best way to work it out. They do have a help line. – though today they have some weather issues so longer wait time

#33867 Reply

Jennifer Losee

Go ahead and call the billing department. It is better that you call them than to ignore. They can send to collections without warning. If it is UNC REX, they take payment arrangements. Or you can just send in something monthly. Just don’t ignore it for too long. Good luck. Pay what you can afford.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Needs to talk to someone knowledgeable in hospital bills
Your information: