Parental rights

Home Forums Member Forum Parental rights

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #34509 Reply

    I am looking for advice on terminating parental rights. Child support is paid inconsistently, sometimes skippimgs weeks/months at a time. What documentation is needed to terminate without the other parents approval? What is considered abandonment… time frame?
    My child is now emotionally struggling.

    Other parent has a long history of drug use, alcoholism and recently domestic violence with new spouse. I do have physical evidence; text from both, pictures, online arrest records.

    #34532 Reply
    Amy Miller

    Honestly, the best way to make sure this is done correctly is to consult an attorney since every case is so different. Many do 30min to an hour initial conversations for free.

    Erin Graber at Graber Law is wonderful and also Elysia Pendergast-Jones at LegalAid is an amazing resource, too. Maybe start by looking at Interact’s website for resource links.

    I’ve been through the Wake County Family Court system since 2009 and consider my family a success story. Please email or PM me any time. I’ll happily meet you for coffee to just listen. ❤️

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Parental rights
Your information: