Skip to content

Welcome, Charlotte & Triad! There's more to come, stay tuned...

Terminated While on Disability, Need Assistance with job applications

Home Forums Member Forum Terminated While on Disability, Need Assistance with job applications

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

While on disability from my job, I was advised my employment would be terminated since I have been in disability for X amount of time. The office is closing and I was unable to return before they shut down to be replaced in a WAH placement.

Now, I am applying to other jobs and the dreaded question, “ have you ever been terminated or forced to resign from a job” keeps coming up. I have a few questions.

1. What is an adequate and appropriate way to explain my situation? I wasn’t terminated for poor performance or anything of the sort. I hate the thought I could be lumped into this category.

2. Applying through an ATS, will my application be automated denied if I mark “yes”? Specially I’m applying to a major hospital in the area and the question is “have you ever been forced to resign or terminated from a job” . It gives the option to check yes or no. It then asks dates and explanation.

3. How does this question get answered in an interview? I’m not embarrassed of my disability or medical situation right now, I know of my legal protections, but am very aware of some sad realities I may face if I disclose a private medical matter.

Thank you in advance for helping me. This is hard to ask/talk publicly about. Thanks for your support

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Terminated While on Disability, Need Assistance with job applications
Your information: