Headway Hospitality, a division of Headway Workforce Solutions, is currently seeking a Lead Cook to work at a local university in the Raleigh, North Carolina area! At local universities, positions will be based on skill and experience. Pay for this position is $16.50/hour. You must be available to work Sunday-Thursday 1pm-9pm. This position is hourly, with a 9 month assignment. Excellent performance during this time may provide an opportunity to renew employment and/or advance.
As a Lead Cook, you will:
- Provide professional leadership and supervision to Line Station Cooks and Student Cooks.
- Provide support to the front of house operations with back-up food to ensure that there is no lag time between changing out food items.
- Provide exemplary customer service to every guest.
- Contribute to maintaining a Grade A sanitation rating of 95% or better.
- Provide outstanding customer service, including remaining professional and respectful under pressure when dealing with difficult situations.
- Excellence in completing all tasks
Requirements of a Cook:
- Culinary Arts education (certificate, diploma, or degree.)
- Knowledge of equipment, cooking methods, measurements, and food safety.
- Two years of cooking experience progressive food service experience; work experience in a casual dining setting preferred.
- ServSafe Certification is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, supervisors, and peers.
- Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Ability to adapt to the changing customer volume level with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to follow safety procedures.
Why You’ll Love Working with Us
- Easy to use mobile app for picking up shifts
- Gain experience with TONS of clients in various environments — universities, concert venues, sports stadiums, and more!
- Competitive wage
Physical Requirements of a Cook:
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift to 60 lb with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Standing for long periods, walking, bending, twisting, pulling, and pushing.
- Must be able to work in extremely hot and cold conditions.
- Routinely handle sharp items such as knives and slicer blades and be around hot food items, food pans, ovens, fryers, steam tables, grills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
About Us: Headway Workforce Solutions is a leading B2B (Business to Business) provider of workforce solutions with an array of contract-based integrated services and national staffing solutions. Passionate about our work and dedication to our clients, we are committed to exceeding expectations in the human capital service sector. To learn more about us, visit https://www.headwaywfs.com/ .
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all employment terms and conditions, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, tuition assistance, education, social recreation programs, and benefits.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.headwaywfs.com.