***This position is eligible for the UNC Health Outpatient Commitment Incentive Program! ***
The Commitment Incentive includes $5,000 paid over a three (3) year commitment period. To learn more about the requirements, please visit:https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-medical-center-unc-faculty-physicians-outpatient-commitment-incentive-program
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Eye Carolina Crossing is hiring a Ophthalmic Assistant to join their team! This is entry level work obtaining routine and basic history information and performing standardized ophthalmic tests according to physician orders. Work is performed under the direction and supervision of an Ophthalmologist. Assignments are recurring and typically repetitive task with little to no variety and some intricacy.
1. Clinic Flow – Monitors clinic flow to ensure patients and physicians are in the proper areas. Rooms patients for the physician, opens Electronic Record, reviews data prior to physician examination to ensure completeness and accuracy. Opens imaging system and ensures all test results are available to be viewed by the physician.
2. Assistance – Scribes physician notes on patient examination at physician’s direction using electronic medical record format. Review and update medication list and allergies if appropriate. Provides patient with appropriate educational materials and answers questions. Administers topical medications as ordered by the physician. Instructs the patient in the use of self testing tools and records test results.
3. Procedure Set Up – Sets up for Lasers, and minor surgical procedures, using sterile technique where applicable.
4. Equipment Maintenance – Cleans and stocks exam rooms and ancillary testing rooms when needed. Maintains calibration of ophthalmic instruments and reports malfunctioning equipment to facilities manager for prompt repair.
5. Patient Exam – Performs entry level exam components such as : visual acuity, visual fields, intra-ocular pressure with Tonopen, automated keratometry, auto-lensometry and auto-refraction under the direct supervision of the ophthalmologist.
6. Triage – May function in a triage capacity, respond to patient phone calls, schedule emergent appointments, enter medication refill requests, and assist with completion of patient forms including but not limited to DMV forms and FMLA documentation.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: UNC Eye Carolina Crossing
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Salary Range: $18.20 – $22.49 per hour (Minimum to Midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unchealthcare.org.