Website UNCH_Careers UNC Health
Explore job opportunities with UNC Health!
RN Clinical Nurse II – Pediatric Congenital Heart Operating Room – Medical Center
Seeking Pediatric Cardiac Experience with ability to scrub and circulate (Will consider substantial adult cardiac experience looking to learn peds).
40hrs./wk. Days; with call required
State Benefits and Retirement packages
UNC Hospitals has earned the distinguished Magnet designation that recognizes nurses for their excellence and provides professional growth opportunities. UNC Chapel Hill Main Campus is a level one trauma academic facility and includes 26 operating rooms. It is a very fast-paced environment offering multiple service lines. We are proud to be on the cutting edge of technology for a number of surgical procedures. Our specialty procedures include cochlear implants, organ transplants, bariatric procedures, open-heart surgeries, ECMO, endovascular surgeries, flap reconstructive surgeries, stereotactic and image guided neuro surgeries, da Vinci® robotic surgeries, and Hyperthermia Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) just to name a few. We also have dedicated Pediatric Operating Rooms performing approximately 5,000 cases per year. Our service lines include general surgery, orthopedics, neurosurgery, plastics, ENT, OMF, burn and urology. UNC is one of the two verified Burn Centers in NC and the only designated Level 1 Trauma in the Triangle. You can expect to work on complex cases with a driven team of passionate and collegial OR professionals, utilizing the best patient care models.
*This position qualifies for our UNC Medical Center Operating Room Incentive Program, which includes up to $10,000 sign-on bonus and $20,000 commitment incentive or up to $25,000 tuition loan forgiveness. In addition, this position is also eligible for up to $10,000 in relocation assistance (based on location) and our employee referral program. Learn more about our UNC Hospitals RN Incentive Program here:https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/chp-or-incentive
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides competent clinical nursing care consistent with professional standards. Reporting and accountable to the Nurse Manager/Director, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for coordinating and delivering patient care utilizing the nursing process in a hospital setting.
1. Education – Participates in identifying and meeting learning needs of self. Attends education programs based on identified learning needs. With assistance, uses patient education materials relevant to patient population. Assesses readiness to learn of the patient/ family/ caregivers. Assesses developmental level of patient and factors affecting ability to learn.
2. Evaluation of Care – Identifies expected patient outcomes. Seeks guidance as needed in revision of plan of care. Participates in discussion with members of the interdisciplinary team in evaluation of patient care. Communicates relevant information to promote continuity of care
3. Implementation – Demonstrates competence in care of patients with complex problems, including population-appropriate physical, psychosocial, educational and safety aspects of care. Performs bedside point of care testing as required for patient care plan. Utilizes healthcare organization and nursing standards, policies and procedures in delivery of care. Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs. Consults with appropriate resources in a timely fashion regarding patients with complex care issues, unusual teaching needs and/or those at high risk for discharge planning.
4. Leadership – With assistance, develops goals to promote professional growth or minimize limitations. Achieves goals and objectives within identified time frame or renegotiates with supervisor. Is knowledgeable about activities which facilitate intra/interdepartmental collaboration. Participates in development and achievement of unit goals and performance improvement activities. Effectively uses communication systems. Participates in promoting cost-effective care. Gives feedback to co-workers. Is aware of public policy and regulatory guidelines affecting the health care environment. Promotes a safe, clean and secure hospital environment for all
5. Patient Assessment – Recognizes data from complex situations to determine priorities for care. Includes appropriate physical, psychosocial, education and safety needs. Synthesizes assessment data into meaningful whole prior to communication to others. Assesses and anticipates discharge needs of individual patients and families. Develops relationships with families that promote their ability to advocate for the patient and their own needs.
6. Planning – Collaborates with patient/family to prepare or update the plan of care. Makes use of available multidisciplinary resources in planning care. Begins to use full range of communication as a means to convey planning. Identifies and addresses cultural and ethnic issues in planning patient care. Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks for patients with complex problems.
7. Research – Reads journals that contain studies or articles that may be applicable to practice. Brings ideas and questions to the staff at large for assessment of applicability.
● Graduation from a school of professional nursing.
● If hired after January 6, 2014, must be enrolled within four years of employment, and obtain a Bachelor’s degree with a major in Nursing or a Master’s degree with a major in Nursing within seven years of employment date.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of nursing experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Operating Room
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unchealthcare.org.