Assess population served, teaches classes, shares relevant wellness information, and coordinates services with others on the wellness team.
1. Assesses and monitors the physical condition of population to be served.
2. Teaches classes and/or supervises and monitors exercise program based on established protocol to ensure safety.
3. Provides a suitable environment for participants by performing assigned facility checks.
4. Disseminates educational materials to participants as appropriate.
5. Coordinates instruction with other instructors by attending training, in-service and meetings to provide a consistent level of service.
6. Provides member service through interaction with members on a regular basis
● Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
● CPR Certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Wellness Center Knightdale
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 2.50
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Knightdale
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unchealthcare.org.