Website UNCH_Careers UNC Health
Explore job opportunities with UNC Health!
*This position qualifies for our UNC Rex Incentive Program, which includes up to $20,000 commitment incentive ($5,000 at time of hire)or up to $25,000 tuition loan forgiveness. In addition, this position is also eligible for up to $10,000 in relocation assistance (based on location) and our employee referral program. Learn more about our UNC Rex Incentive Program here:https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-rex-incentive-program
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC REX Critical Care Transport has 10 trucks that provide Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support and Critical Care transports across eastern North Carolina. The BLS transports are accomplished with a team of two EMT’s, our ALS transports have a crew of an EMT and a Paramedic or a Registered Nurse, and our Critical Care Transports have a crew configuration of an EMT, Paramedic, and a Registered Nurse. We provide transports of patients moving from hospitals to rehabilitation facilities to critically ill patients in the region with complex medical conditions requiring ventilator support and other advanced therapies such as balloon pumps and LVADs. As a busy inter-facility transport team, REX Critical Care Transport includes an impressive fleet of vehicles and transports on average 600 patients each month.
UNC REX Critical Care Transport services work closely with neurologists, pulmonologists, emergency physicians, hospitalists, intensivists and cardiologists to provide a continuum of care between referring facilities and UNC REX Hospital. Our transport services include Specialty Care Transport (SCT) and Advanced Life Support (ALS) transportation to and from UNC REX Hospital, UNC Hospitals, affiliates and other regional facilities 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our CCT teams consist of an EMT, a Critical Care Paramedic and a Critical Care Nurse who are specialty trained and equipped to manage patients suffering from cardiac arrest, STEMI, CVA, respiratory failure, sepsis, trauma, high-risk obstetrical, pediatrics and other critical patients. Critical care ambulances strategically split coverage between the Raleigh and Smithfield bases and will also serve the Holly Springs area Fall 2021.
Provides competent clinical nursing care consistent with professional standards. Reporting and accountable to the Nurse Manager/Director, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for coordinating and delivering patient care utilizing the nursing process in a hospital setting.
1. Education – Participates in identifying and meeting learning needs of self. Attends education programs based on identified learning needs. With assistance, uses patient education materials relevant to patient population. Assesses readiness to learn of the patient/family/caregivers. Assesses developmental level of patient and factors affecting ability to learn.
2. Evaluation of Care – Identifies expected patient outcomes. Seeks guidance as needed in revision of plan of care. Participates in discussion with members of the interdisciplinary team in evaluation of patient care. Communicates relevant information to promote continuity of care.
3. Implementation – Demonstrates competence in care of patients with complex problems, including population-appropriate physical, psychosocial, educational and safety aspects of care. Performs bedside point of care testing as required for patient care plan. Utilizes healthcare organization and nursing standards, policies and procedures in delivery of care. Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs. Consults with appropriate resources in a timely fashion regarding patients with complex care issues, unusual teaching needs and/or those at high risk for discharge planning.
4. Leadership – With assistance, develops goals to promote professional growth or minimize limitations. Achieves goals and objectives within identified time frame or renegotiates with supervisor. Is knowledgeable about activities which facilitate intra/interdepartmental collaboration. Participates in development and achievement of unit goals and performance improvement activities. Effectively uses communication systems. Participates in promoting cost-effective care. Gives feedback to co-workers. Is aware of public policy and regulatory guidelines affecting the health care environment. Promotes a safe, clean and secure hospital environment for all.
5. Patient Assessment – Recognizes data from complex situations to determine priorities for care. Includes appropriate physical, psychosocial, education and safety needs. Synthesizes assessment data into meaningful whole prior to communication to others. Assesses and anticipates discharge needs of individual patients and families. Develops relationships with families that promote their ability to advocate for the patient and their own needs.
6. Planning – Collaborates with patient/family to prepare or update the plan of care. Makes use of available multidisciplinary resources in planning care. Begins to use full range of communication as a means to convey planning. Identifies and addresses cultural and ethnic issues in planning patient care. Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks for patients with complex problems.
7. Research – Reads journals that contain studies or articles that may be applicable to practice. Brings ideas and questions to the staff at large for assessment of applicability.
● Graduation from a school of professional nursing.
● If hired after January 6, 2014, must be enrolled within four years of employment, and obtain a Bachelor’s degree with a major in Nursing or a Master’s degree with a major in Nursing within seven years of employment date.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of nursing experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Critical Care Transport
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unchealthcare.org.