Website UNCH_Careers UNC Health
Explore job opportunities with UNC Health!
Provides and oversees training of coworkers/students in assigned work area, includes instruction in department techniques, processes and procedures according to established policies within lab.
*Candidates must be a certified phlebotomist
Shift: Three 12 hour shifts, 08:00-20:30 every other Friday, Saturday and Sunday
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Provides and oversees training of coworkers/students in assigned work area, includes instruction in department techniques, processes and procedures according to established policies. Maintains program to document competency of coworkers/students in technical procedures. Provides performance feedback to manager/team leader observed performance.
3. Acts as liaison between coworkers, management, and other teams within the laboratory and throughout the organization.
4. Provides work direction for coworkers/students. Assists with monitoring of overtime hours an ensures optimal efficiency throughout the work area..
5. Coordinates ordering of supplies and inventory to maintain adequate stock and minimize waste.
6. Operates the computer system utilizing routine programs to receive specimens and retrieve laboratory data. Assures that specimens are placed on the processor or delivered to various departments as appropriate and in a timely manner. Assures that “”””””””shared specimens”””””””” are received as appropriate and in a timely manner. Has the ability to identify and resolve problems.
7. Has the ability to prioritize, sort, and group specimen labels. Ensures that specimens are collected in a timely manner. Follows-up on uncollected specimens and cancellations.
8. Verifies specimen requirements and appropriate collection procedures prior to specimen collection. Performs specimen collection by venipuncture as required following documented policies and procedures. Performs specimen collection by micro-collection as required following documented policies and procedures. Maintains positive specimen identification throughout the specimen collection process. Demonstrates appropriate use of the PPID on a consistent basis. Records daily workload on appropriate logs as necessary.
9. Performs patient/specimen registration and test ordering functions as required and in accordance with corporate compliance guidelines.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● At least three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Phlebotomy experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Lab Customer Svcs
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 18.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary Range:$18.07- $22.59 per hour (minimum to midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unchealthcare.org.