Supports the strategy and development of the design, administration, and education of health and welfare employee benefit programs for the health care system.
1. Benefit Design- Assures processes and procedures are in place to capture and maintain consistent and accurate benefit related data. Assists with employee data auditing and reporting. Monitors plan limits, eligibility and other restrictions on plan participation to ensure compliance with both plan provisions and government requirements. Compiles, analyzes and reports benefit data including employee, benefit plan and financial for benefits strategic planning and evaluation
2. Benefit Plans- Monitors eligibility, limitations, and restrictions of plan participants and ensures compliance with both plan provisions and government requirements. Responsible for data necessary to complete compliance activities, employee mailings, vendor billings/reconciliations, coordinating data collection and updating numerous management reports. Develops, conducts and participates in a variety of presentations to inform and educate management and employees about changes in benefit plans, administrative practices and legislative requirements. Assists in the development of business processes. Serves as a liaison with service providers in business planning and benefit program interpretation. Assist in the business development and planning processes with service providers. Research current benefit trends and regulatory/legislated requirements and recommends changes as needed. Provides guidance and counsel to HRIS representatives, and managers on the requirements and provisions of benefit programs and assist with the resolution of potential problems. Coordinate the design and communication of annual benefit enrollment materials
3. Compliance- Assures compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations. Provides input and specifications need for RFI’s. Analyze proposals and renewal information and interprets insurance carrier contracts. Review best practices and benchmark surveys to ensure that current plan offerings are competitive. Review legal compliance documentation (SPDs, SARs)
● Bachelor’s degree in administration or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four (4) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Basic knowledge of ERISA, employee benefit programs Requires strong communication skills, good writing skills, strong customer service and financial/analytical skills. Excellent organizational skills Must be comfortable working independently and making decisions. Must be a problem-solver Must remain open to change and new information and ideas and adapt to the same. Must encourage and foster cooperation and teamwork. Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel PowerPoint and Word
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HR Benefits
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email email@example.com if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care. This is not a State employed position.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unchealthcare.org.