Website UNCH_Careers UNC Health
Explore job opportunities with UNC Health!
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position supervises a staff of Cardiovascular Sonographers who perform a variety of Cardiac ultrasound procedures. Invasive and non-invasive cases which include structural heart and cardio-oncology.
1. Identifies and resolves problems using Continuous Quality Improvement techniques. Troubleshoots equipment. Arranges for repair or replacement of equipment.
2. Manages daily workflow issues or patient care problems or complaints that cannot be addressed by technologists. Assists business staff with audit problems, scheduling questions, etc.
3. Manages personnel resources for a staff of Cardiovascular Sonographers and clerical support. Interviews and selects candidates for hiring, coordinates orientation for new staff or staff in new roles as well as students, develops work plans, conducts performance reviews, recommends promotions, and conducts disciplinary action using hospital and department personnel guidelines.
4. Performs Echo procedures including assessment of patient history, documentation of anatomy and pathology. Produces and summarizes procedure findings. Transfer patient data to storage/network devices
5. Provides regular communications to and from clinical staff and administrative staff by leading and/or participating in weekly team meetings, weekly supervisory meetings, monthly staff meetings and other methods as needed.
6. Assist personnel in training and working with students.
7. Establishes procedures for maintaining adequate inventory of supplies.
8. Technical Director responsibilities are required along with completing department accreditation for IAC.
● Completion of a twelve (12) month program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, General Ultrasound, Vascular Technology or comparable program.
● RDMS registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS). Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually. A RDCS or RDS may be substituted in place of the RDMS for cardiac roles.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience as an Ultrasound Technologist or equivalent.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex HeartandVascular Diagnosti
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary Range: $34.65 – $43.31 per hour (minimum to midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unchealthcare.org.