Join our ONE Great Team! UNC Health was recently named a Top 150 Places to Work in healthcare by Becker’s Healthcare. UNC Rex Healthcare was named #7 Best Hospital for Nurses to Work by NurseJournal.org. Join our award winning team as a traveler.
UNC Holly Springs Hospital
Three (3), 12 hour shifts per week required
Required to work every other weekend for the duration of the agreement period
Required to float to like unit(s) with same level of care as needed
Visit jobs.unchealthcare.org for more information and apply today!
Non – Benefits Eligible Option
Agreement duration is 13 weeks – (with the ability for one 13 week renewal). Eligible for 403b teammate contribution.
Hourly Rates :- $50/hr
Benefits Eligible Option
Agreement duration is 26 weeks – (with the ability for one 26 week renewal). Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision and 403b teammate contribution.
Hourly Rates: $40/hr
This position is a temporary travel Surgical Tech to provide temporary support at UNC Health. Surgical Technologists (ST) are allied health professionals who assist in the preparation and care of surgical patients ranging from infancy to geriatrics under the general direction of a professional nurse. The ST possesses expertise in the theory and application of sterile aseptic technique and combines the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate a surgeon’s performance of invasive, therapeutic, and diagnostic procedures. The ST who has a dual function in the operating room and the ambulatory setting demonstrates competency in the care of surgical patients preoperatively and postoperatively in the ambulatory surgical clinic setting.
1. SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST I-A (New Hire/Novice) 1. New graduate with up to 12 months of full-time equivalent experience.
2. Perform all responsibilities in a manner that demonstrates Service Excellence towards patients, physicians, peers and other departments. Assume responsibility for upholding the policies and procedures of the department and organization.
3. Demonstrates eagerness to learn, takes direction, adapts to changes within unit, and demonstrates consistent progress toward Surgical Technologist 1-B.
4. Establishes and maintains sterile field and assures team maintains sterile environment. Demonstrate and practice a good understanding of sterile technique.
5. Has a basic knowledge of instrumentations. Prepare Operating Room with appropriate instrumentation, equipment and supplies.
6. Demonstrates correct and safe instrumentation passing and performs sponge, needle and instrument counts in a safe and accurate manner according to established policy.
7. Maintain technical skills to serve a patient population composed of infancy to geriatric clients.
8. Take calls and rotate shifts as required under the direction of a registered nurse.
9. Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure in a stressful environment, and often without relief.
10. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of anatomy relating to the surgical procedure and the instrumentation required in order to effectively anticipate the needs of the surgeon.
11. Ability to set priorities and respond appropriately to actual and/or potential life threatening situations.
● Requires High School Diploma. Graduation from a Surgical Technology program.
● BLS required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Surgical Technologist I-A: Entry level position for new graduates of Surgical Technology program or Surgical Technologists with less than twelve (12) months of outside experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS Surgical Services
Work Type: Temporary Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unchealthcare.org.